Monday, November 10, 2014

*Review of Foo Fighters Sonic Highways Album

Album cover

I pre-ordered the new Foo Fighters album "Sonic Highways" because I'm a huge fan of their music. I've watched every episode of "Sonic Highways" on HBO. I love learning about the history of songs and how they were written. I decided to pre-order the album and have it shipped to my house. It was delivered today, right on schedule! I opened the package, added it right to my iTunes collection and hit play. only a few seconds into Track 1. Something from nothing and I was hooked. I decided to listen to the whole album and review it. It has 8 tracks totaling 43 minutes. I love most of the songs but not a huge fan of "I am a river". I'm sure after I listen to it more I will enjoy it. It's the only song on the album that I think sounds "popish" I'm not saying it's bad, it just sounds more main stream and not alternative. My favorite is Track 1. Something from nothing. I feel like a lot of people will relate to this song. Of course Track 2. The feast and the famine is typical Foo Fighters and quickly reminds us why we love them so. Then there is Track 3. Congregation Wow they blew me away with this one. I could listen to this track over and over. I would say that this album is one of their top three. Listening to Foo Fighters will never get old. Below is the track list and then my favorites in order from favorite to least favorite. I highly suggest you go out and buy this album. You don't want to be the only person on the planet without one. Thank you Foo Fighters for raising the bar for all the other bands. You guys kick ass!  

Inside album 

Here is the track list. Click on the track to preview it via Amazon.

1. Something from nothing
2. The feast and the famine
3. Congregation
4. What did I do?/God as my witness
5. Outside
6. In the clear
7. Subterranean
8. I am a river


CD out of cover

Here are my favorites in order. 
Click on the track to preview it via Amazon. 

1. Congregation
2. Something from nothing
3. The feast and the famine
4. What did I do?/God as my witness
5. In the clear
6. Subterranean
7. Outside
8. I am a river

If for some reason you don't already have the "Sonic Highways" album you can order it here :) 

If you have heard the tracks on this album, please tell me what you think in the comments. 

Thanks for reading. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment