Friday, November 21, 2014

Stuffed with family during Thanksgiving.

As we are quickly approaching Thanksgiving my anxiety level is increasing day by day. We always host the holidays at our house. That was my idea from many years ago. I like to have people over. I enjoy the sights and smells of the holidays. However, each year brings another problem from someone in the family. It's becoming more and more stressful. I feel like it should be fun and relaxing. I don't know why some people have to make it so hard. Really it's my in laws. They drive me crazy. They have two grown kids. One of which I am married to and the other, his brother who is the "baby" of the family. By "baby" I mean they treat him like a baby. Yes, still even though he is in his late 30's. Their world revolves around him and makes everyone else crazy. I'm constantly being told what he likes to eat or how we have to wait for him to arrive before we eat. It's ridiculous. The way I look at it, if your not here when dinner is served...............too damn bad. If I made something you don't like to eat........ don't eat it. It's pretty simple. It's my day off from work and I want to enjoy my time with my family. I can't be ridiculed by my mother in law for another holiday. She picks at everything I do. I can't stand the stress. I'm currently avoiding them so Thanksgiving dinner doesn't get brought up. I'm secretly hoping they have other plans. Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful for everything. Let's not focus on the negative. 

Am I the only one who feels like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment