Friday, September 5, 2014

Do I say "Goodbye" to an old friend?

I have this Mom friend who I have known a LONG time. We have grown apart in recent years and I will say that it's been hard for me. It's hard to slowly lose a true good friend. That one person who you can be really honest to. The Mom who thinks you are always doing a good job and makes sure to tell you that you are even when you feel like you're failing. She was a great friend. I say was because she has slowly stopped contacting me unless she needs something. Her life is always full of some type of drama. She doesn't answer the phone when I call and I think it's very rude. So this presents me with a difficult decision. Do I cut ties with this old friend or keep the relationship together with only my strength? 

It becomes exhausting to keep this friendship at times. The latest thing that pushed me over the edge was her recent Facebook post. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but I read it with my heart and it kinda hurt my feelings.

She did one of those "dedication" to a good friend posts. She went on and on about how amazing this friend is. She said she was thankful that this person came into her life and blah blah blah. I guess she completely forgot that all of us are reading the same thing and that friend she is speaking of is in fact NOT amazing at all. In fact that friend does nothing but negatively effect her life. That friend she was speaking about is actually a terrible person. I don't understand why people keep terrible people in their life. I mean if you don't make my life better what's the point of keeping you around? 

At the end of the day we should ask ourselves; what good does this person bring into my life? If you can't answer that, I think it's time to move on. Life is much to short to have negative people surrounding you. I hope I have the strength to make the right decision about this friend.    

Always try to be there for one another. You never know when someone might need you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment